Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Rabid Lassie-camel toes demo (1987)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1.intro
2.mental power
3.positive energy
4.contragate
5.cracked mirror
6.just say no
7.fighting for peace
8.reagans butt
9.creature in your head
10.trip
11.society image
12.unite and fight
13.rabid lassie
14.s.s. crisp

I bought this from Joey the vocalist when It came out. I was living in Livermore CA with my friend Kenny, who was friends with, and went to school with all these cats. Rabid Lassie were a straightedge band, but not an ordinary one. When the band first started out, they had more political/social lyrics, and some jokey ones as well. The straightedge stuff didn't really take to much control of the band until the next demo, in which their sound is more '88 sounding youth crew style. the camel toes demo though... fucking awesome punk rock from the suburbs of Northern California. The song "contragate" ended up on the MRR double 7" compilation. listening to these guys really brings back memories of strange punk shows in auto mechanic joints, etc. If any one from that area reads this and remembers a band from Pleasington called T.H.C. I'd love a copy of that demo.

http://rapidshare.com/files/33526276/rabid_lassie_-_demo__87_ca.zip.html

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this! I've been looking for more RABID LASSIE stuff for years, after hearing them only on compilations.

    Do you have the "Bay Mud" compilation David Hayes did? What about any I AM THE HAMSTER stuff? I'd love to hear more of them too.

    Anyway, great job with your blog, loads of great stuff to be found here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THC Thrashing Hectic Circle, Livermore CA, CIRCA 1983. I'm the singer and bass player for the band. Available are 2 demos. Killing For Piece and Christian Brainwash. Vince "Hewie" fills in on vocals on many songs on the CB demo. contact tzstudiowest@gmail.com for more details. Paul on drums and Billy on guitar are still alive but Vence has disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the guitar music on this album!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, awesome. I live in San Ramon. The address on the tape is only a few miles away from me. I bet these guys went to Cal High. I never thought there were bands as cool as this back then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This rocks. It's reminds me of Dissension's first record. Very cool. If you get a get a chance, check out my blog:

    http://makingtimeforthoughtcrime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. can you re-upload the link its broken. this is an important piece of danville history

    ReplyDelete
  7. Re-upload the link

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know the guys name but he was in Rabid Lassie and lived in Pleasanton. This is in 1986 and I was working at the 7/11. I loanded him two tapes, Italian hardcore of I Refuse It and the Cheetah Chrome Motherfuckers and a live tape of the Cheetah Chrome Motherfuckers from a show that I went to in SF at the Farm. He never gave the tape back, he said he loaned them to a friend who lost them. I'd like the tapes back, if you read this please post here so I can get them back. Thanks Bob

    ReplyDelete