Thursday, December 6, 2007

B.H.T. the prime directive demo (1986)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1.Amerika
2.mentally insane
3.death row
4.mowing down the people
5.fuck law enforcement
6.let's try
7.Mr. politician
8.technical difficulties
9.BHT (instrumental)
10.now or never
11.I quit
12.we're being tricked
13.not me
14.treason

BHT stood for Butylated HydroxyToluene which is a synthetic of a vitamin E that has been used as an additive in many different foods since the 1950's, its been banned in many countries, but not the good old USA(though its been banned in infant food). I know all this because I recall Josh, the bass player of this Livermore California hardcore band telling me what the name stood for. I was actually living in the same town (Livermore), as these guys at this time. I remember writing them after reading a review of this demo in MRR, then eventually meeting up with the dude at his house to trade demos, and talk shop. There weren't many punks in Livermore, mainly rednecks so meeting the dude was cool. I only got to see these guys maybe twice, as they didn't play all to many shows (they didn't really leave Livermore, cept to maybe play a show with Tyyranicide in Pleasington. If you dug stuff like Rabid Lassie, Corrupted Morals, Unit Pride, etc. you'll love this obscure beauty.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

http://rapidshare.com/files/74814363/BHT_Folder.zip.html
or copy paste below
http://www.mediafire.com/?9zl0hftwzzv

5 comments:

  1. Thank YOU! I've missed this demo...Great band and never quite got appreciated as well as they should have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool...I am Josh Brooks, the former Drummer then Bass Player for BHT. Thanks for posting this. Sure brings back good memories for us and I'm glad that anyone still finds pleasure in the recording we made as 16 year old High School students! We recorded this live (early morning) at Gillman Street Club in Berkeley, an 8 track recording I believe. A couple corrections however - we did play in Berkeley, Davis, Redwood City, Oakland, just to name a few. A few years later, we were much better/tighter and renamed our band Anxiety. As BHT and Anxiety, we played with the likes of Social Distortion, Operation Ivy, AFI, NoFX and others. I'm working to get my hands on our last Anxiety demo tape (4-5 songs I believe) and I'll post access to it here if/when I can. Thanks to all who we hung out with, partied with and those that still appreciate the first demo we ever made!

    Joshua Brooks
    joshuasb@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent band, thanks for the post, I was looking for this one in at least a descent quality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lost and now found! If anyone wants our last 3 song demo we recorded in 1987 or 1988, let me know and I'll send it... ;)

    joshuasb@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete