Sunday, August 3, 2008

RKL live cassette tape (1987 the Farm)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

In the 80's I was going to some shows with a small hand held recorder. I think some of the shows I recall taping were Absolution, and Swiz in Albany ny on a trip home to visit, then there was DRI & Discharge @ the farm when Discharge got booed off the stage and drI threw a garbage can at them. Another would be this RKL set from the farm. The band was introducing some new songs for their new LP "rock n roll nightmare", but played the 7", the keep laughing LP, and more.
Its just so hard to explain to people how amazing a live band the Rich Kids On LSD were in the 1980's. I miss every thing about these fuck ups...They could get as wasted as possible and still play flawlessly.
I was at my moms last weekend and found a bunch of my old tapes, this one was in it. so stoked...I'm still trying to uncover the drI Discharge tape... my buddy Mike J who also does a blog has a copy, I know that. I gave it to him in around 1990.

http://www.mediafire.com/?cfcfro0tcdm

17 comments:

  1. Hey, it's me again, I left you a comment on the WITCHFYNDE cloak and dagger LP. It was about the metal paper zine I'm currently doing. Here's my email adress: grindfreakqc@hotmail.com in case you're interested...

    You can delete my messages if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at that Discharge show!!! I think we played. We played with them at Fender's and came back home and played with them at The Farm. The fucking big huge plastic garbage can was fucking classic!!! Oh, the good ole' days.........I miss that place....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog and it's kickin' my ASS!! Lots of killer albums, EP's, and demos, dude.

    Here's some Detroit hardcore if ya want to check it out. Detroit's own Heresy and their Driven demo.

    http://sharebee.com/67a0580f

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was at the Farm Show. I went to every Farm show there was and all of RKL's shows in SF and on the Disastour '86 as their roadie. Great band, great times, and fucking awesome being around such a musical god as Bommer. I was crushed wneh he died. Jason too has passed, a mere 1 year after telling me he was on track to getting his life back, now that he had a child.

    I miss them both! Great site...keep up the good work.

    jfish

    ReplyDelete
  5. jfish
    maybe you can remember who the bassist was in between vinnie and Joe? I remember seeing this skinhead guy from haight street who played bass for them at, at least two s.f. shows in around 86 or 87. one was at the farm.
    we were trying to figure this out in one of my older rkl posts(the 7").

    thanks for chiming in. Nate

    ReplyDelete
  6. any chance you could re-post this?
    great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the downloading doesnt work, could you repost it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. yer blog rules! i was wonderin if you could post that rkl link again??! thanx!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Had the great joy of playing with them in SoCal at Fenders Ballroom with Blast, Exploited, Excel, and others, was an absolute classic show, but RKL were always great live, and We loved those guys from the first time we saw them at the Olympic in LA. I was very saddened to hear of Bommers, and Jasons passings, so many great musicians from our era have passed in the last 5 or 6 years.......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rpost ,PLEASE!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice blog
    Can you repost that please ? I will kill myself if you don't.

    many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. PLEEEEEEASE repost!!! thanks a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. could you please repost ! great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. PLEASE REPOST PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WITH THE SUGAR ON TOP

    ReplyDelete
  15. got that recording in my tape collection, thanks for taping it, it's a good one!!

    ReplyDelete