Friday, June 25, 2010

LIEGE LORD-master control LP(1988)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1.fear itself
2.eye of the storm
3.master control
4.kill the king
5.soldiers fortune
6.feel the blade
7.broken wasteland
8.rapture
9.suspicion
10.fallout

This is my favorite of the three albums that this Connecticut power metal band put out. The guitar playing and production are just top notch tit! You'd almost swear that you were listening to Bruce from Iron Maiden belching away about fantasy ridiculousness. By the time this record came out, I had moved on from this type of metal(for the most part). I think what sold me on it was a friend playing me they're version of Dio era Rainbows "kill the king". Rainbow almost invented speed metal with this song. Dio was a god to me growing up, and I figured this record would be a good way to pay some more tribute to the almighty 'lil man. RIP Ronnie... long live the horns.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zmmmeq0tjky

10 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more. As I was listening to the tracks, I thought to myself - This has to be Bruce... and if it isn't him, this guy sure as hell sounds just like him. This band is top notch. Thanks for the upload and great tribute post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. freakin' great. thanks for posting this. this is definitely an area of metal i did not pursue back then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is some good shit...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These guys were to play a show in Oklahoma City around 1989 but ended up not showing up.A friend of mine renamed them "Lose Lord"and I still use that name for bands who cop out/cancell etc...ha ha!Great LP I will admit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More Bruce than Artch "Another return..."?

    He, that Lieg guy, plays with Overkill now?

    ReplyDelete
  6. really astounding, this similarity. thanks for the tip, great album, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep it up, this blog gives me so much music that I never would have found on my own!

    A great cultural achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  8. solid! thanks for the download - uncanny bruce-alike vox

    ReplyDelete
  9. do you have the Broadax (Venice) demo?

    i've got some stuff you might be interested in, maybe we can trade

    ReplyDelete
  10. Their first is my fave

    ReplyDelete