Sunday, February 27, 2011

CHRONIC DISORDER-st LP(1985)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

These guys were from Connecticut, and had a 7" called "fred" that came out before this one in 1984. Its a classic to me. I celebrate the bands entire discography(well up to a certain point). I never saw them, but somehow ended up with their second LP while living in California. I got it from a metal friend of mine(Kenny),who bought it because the band name was cool. He got it home and hated the record because it seemed to dorky or nerdy to him. He was expecting more of a crossover DRI type thing. The music just wasn't as brutal sounding as the band name in his opinion. He gladly gave it to me. It wasn't until I moved back to Albany NY that I ended up buying this copy at Worlds records. Its a repress of their debut. The original was a silk screened cover and limited to 300 copies or something ridiculous. After listening to this again recently for the first time in like 15 years, I really like it... makes me feel semi young again. Enjoy.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0f0ct99n19bzbsm

7 comments:

  1. Dude, do you still have that THC - Christian Brainwash tape you posted back in '07? I only have the Killing for Peace demo and that rapidshare link is dead. Anyway, thanks duder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speed Metallic Punk Rock in the veins of
    Discharge, Venom, Anti-Cimex, Motorhead
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/eof2267116871gi/uptightbastard.zip

    ReplyDelete
  3. this lp rips it up. thanks for the post and keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that in the thanks section of the insert they give it up for "Michael Stipe of REM for handing out flyers."
    -Tony Party

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this is old as hell but I'm looking into this band. They have a song called Blood and Honour, which is a Nazi thing; I'm trying to find out if they're into that or against it, but I can't find out the lyrics or anything anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be a moron. These guys were a east coast punk band. Throwing around the word nazi is pretty lame, and very dogmatic of a stupid punk scene.

      Delete