Thursday, May 8, 2014

RAISE CAIN-Bootleg 7"(1992)



1.Apache
2.Hi speed
3.Indians
4.Liar

I have no idea why the band named this ep "bootleg", its not one.  I was turned on to Japanese hardcore pretty early by a friend of mine in Albany named Louis.  He was blasting the stuff for me in the late 80's... I didn't get it then(I was a idiot).  There were very few dudes in the U.S. scene who were really exposed and immersed in this stuff back then.  Brian Dropdead, and Wedge from Ohio were others who were totally into it like my buddy Louis.  Brian even did a zine called Japcore.  He'd sell his zines and some random records he was distroing at shows that I would frequent in the early 90's.  I recall buying the first Voorhees 7" and this ep from him at a show.  He raved about both bands.  Raise Cain sorta remind me of a less powerful Bastard.  The songs are furiously fast, and articulately tight.  The vox are brutal and sung with lots of passion.  lots of noodling solos make this epic enough for this metalhead.

Download raise cain-bootleg.zip from SendSpace or Share raise cain-bootleg.zip - 14 MB

4 comments:

  1. This is great! Thank you -Pete Punk

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, do you have Turn Up The Volts by the Autistics?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian's zine was actually called Japankore. I still have a couple of issues. Great read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey I dont know if you're looking to post any new bands but my crust band from Victoria B.C. has a new demo out, cheers!
    http://crepe-hanger.bandcamp.com/

    ReplyDelete