Tuesday, February 17, 2015

ASSUCK/ OLD LADY DRIVERS Split 7" (1990)





















Assuck is another one of those bands that saved many of us during the 90's when good hardcore seemed a real rarity.  I only got to see these guys twice, both times in NYC at CBGBs.  The band formed in 1987 in Florida where the death metal scene was growing strong. They really crossed over to the metal scene... as the frantic, well produced/played grindcore they were playing resinated with both punks and metalheads.  Dudes were real pioneers.  OLD went on to put out records on Earache.

Share assucck OLD split.zip - 15 MB

5 comments:

  1. I also saw them at CBGB's with Hot Water Music and twice in California with Assfort!!!!!!! I liked OLd's cover of cocaine,hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that show with HWM as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sorta think floorpunch and one king down played as well. Weird show

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one. Assuck are one of my fave grindcore bands for sure. Been meaning to dig out my Blood - Impulse to destroy LP. Hey nate, u still looking for a copy of the Hellwitch LP??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope I got it from a friend a few years ago. Thanks though.

    ReplyDelete