Monday, April 20, 2015

MTxYB Split demos(1980-1981)




















What can be said about either of these bands? Both bands started in 1980(I didn't even know what punk was at this point in my life, I was just discovering AC/DC).  MT invented a movement /genre, and It blows my mind how much they got done in three years. YB existed for less then a year and influenced the D.C. scene with their wicked brand of punk hardcore.  I was so happy to see this come out on vinyl some years ago after hearing so many 5th generation tapes from traders through out many decades. Def recall hearing the YB demos for the first time at inner ear when I took my friends Glee Club down there to record a 7" in 1989. Essential bands…essential demos. If you don't like either of these bands you suck at listening to music.

Share Minor Youth split.zip - 26 MB

3 comments:

  1. Awesome, thanks for the post. I was in the same place musically at that time but came to enjoy hardcore/punk/metal equally later. Really like your blog..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just browsing your blog for shits and giggles. I'm glad I did! Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just browsing your blog for shits and giggles. I'm glad I did! Thanks,

    ReplyDelete