Monday, October 5, 2015

GAUZE - 限界は何処だ CD (1991)




The mighty Gauze… I'm posting this because I'd recently heard a rumor that these gods finally broke up.  They've been a band since 1981.  When I was on tour in Japan back in 2002 I met the drummer and the guitarist.  To watch the Japanese kids interact with members of this band was really oddly enjoyable.  The amount of respect that these guys get from their local fan base is insane.  Watching a teen boy bow repeatedly to the drummer will forever be etched in my mind.  This CD has two tracks
 on it. The first track is the entire album, and the second track is a live gig in Scotland from 1989.  

8 comments:

  1. Was fortunate enough to witness Gauze at the Fireside Bowl, of course they crushed! Took a photo of the bass player which we used for the cover of our zine and was later used for a Prank records catalog/poster. Shit I need to find that, ha,ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was called Blind to Faith after the Ringworm song off of the demo. It was a Clevo zine,only made it 2 issues ha,ha then we started our record label River on Fire Records which made it to 3 releases but at least it was all quality 9 Shocks, Gordon Solie and Boulder!!!! Pretty sure I traded records with you at some poins in the 90's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have all your releases, and we did trade indeed. loved the label. Are you still involved in any way? In touch with Wedge or Chris Pellow? I miss not talking to Wedge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moved out of Clevo over a decade ago. Had to get out of the snow. Wedge will actually be down here in Austin, Tejas a couple of weeks with Paul(Inmates,Now That's Class) and their band Party Plates. Was just putting up Midnight posters around town this week for their show here, I still go to shows but no label/zine or band. I have no facebook or instagram but talk to Pellow through my wife's social media. Any message you want me to pass along to Wedge? Take it easy. Dan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just give him my best, and tell him i miss him. thanks Dan, Nate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gauze is still together!
    They're performing a show in April this year.
    They'll always be around :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i just talked to Pello at Komyafest a couple weeks ago

    ReplyDelete