Tuesday, December 1, 2015

JUDGE- Live in Cleveland (August 17-1989)

1.Intro/Take me away
2.In my way
3.Hear me
4.Hold me back
5.I've lost
6.Just like you
7.NY crew
8.The storm
9.Fed up
10.Where it went

Got this one via tape trading back in the day.  Pretty great set by these NYC HC Straight edge legends.  These were the days… I don't recall reunions, or other crap happening back then.  It seemed like it was all about the now.  I lived in Albany at the end of the 80's, and we saw all the Rev NYHC bands almost every weekend.  It was hard to avoid Sick Of It All, Youth Of Today, Warzone, or Token Entry, they really did make Albany a home away from home.  Its impossible to explain to people who weren't arount back then just how much energy some of these bands had, and how it gripped the audience and had them exploding as well.  Seeing these bands was a blast, but it was happening so often that it had some of us seeking out other genres of hardcore/punk.  I had a love hate thing with NYHC… today its about the love.  I will post the Underdog set from Albany in 1986 soon.  Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Lifelong Clevelander, here, Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SICK!!!!! thank you so much for this. Alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 89, the year I bought my first Youth of Today tape(We're Not In This Alone) and my first Misfits(Evilive)tape. That same year I entered high school, shaved my head like Blacky from Voivod and got detention everyday till It grew back. Didn't get into Judge till around 90 however, thanks for this. One Life/GG.

    ReplyDelete