Sunday, September 14, 2008

CROM & VILLIANS in Brooklyn NY

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By cryptocomx, shot with DSC-S700 at 2008-09-14

Villains played first. Dudes are a perfect mix of a few styles of aggressive underground metal from Brooklyn NY. I could hear everything from Destructor, Pagan Altars, Poison, and even some Venom at parts. One of my favorite bands I've seen in years. The drummer was a fucking left handed mad man. Total True metal in 2008 without it being cheesy, and with members knowing exactly what what they are doing, and what they want to sound like. I Picked up the "Drenched in the poisons" LP on Nuclear war now last night, shit is amazing. This is the kind of stuff I'd put out in a heart beat if given the chance.

Crom are sick, drunk and sloppy(and from California). Perfectly blending metal and powerviolence antics That kept me bobbing my head throughout the entire set. Lots of beer being spilled, , lots of Slayer riffs, lots of silliness indeed. Both the bands LPs are filled with tons of samples, loops, and metal fun that of course didn't happen live. If they could figure out how to do this, or I'd seen it, I'd be 100% stoked on them live. Glad I saw them, the new LP rules..

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Crom

4 comments:

  1. Yep, bot Crom and Villains both rule. I wish I could've seen this but I live on the wrong coast. Tell Villains to hit the Bay Area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive herd that crom members are scumbag junkies? any truth to this?
    I would love to see them. Can you put the new LP on here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard they were mexicans and they go through more drummers than Spinal Tap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All documented...all true. Never miss a Crom show!!!

    ReplyDelete