Tuesday, April 21, 2009

HOSTAGES OF AYATOLLAH Hallo Nachbar 7" (1985)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1. Voulez Vous
2. Hallo Nachbar
3. In meinem Zimmer
4. Oh Mama
5. Geh doch nach drueben

HOA were another of the West German hardcore bands from the mid 1980's that has always been overlooked, and in my opinion underrated. The bands live shows were said to be awesome and filled with tons of angst and youthful energy(much like what was happening in the States at the time). As I stated in the Sons of Sadism post, I bought this used for like a dollar on my way back to Albany NY from Northern Cali along with the SOS ep. I loved my German stuff, and the name was really cool at the time, so I wasted no time grabbing this slab. The band went on to do a split LP with Manson Youth who were also a German band whom was also on my radar. The title track to the ep is the winner on this ep, the guitar riff and tone are just perfect.

http://www.mediafire.com/?n1ebsyzddzn

9 comments:

  1. I never heard of these dudes. It is a great name. Can you up the other record with them? This one is nice and fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always really liked them. Discovered 'em by mistake. Years ago when I first ran across copies of the split I bought it during a record hunting excursion. I didn't examine the LP close enough to notice there was s female vocalist. I originally thought 'that' Manson Youth band was the same as the California band Manson Youth that did "Penis Brain" that was on the first 'Noise From Nowhere' EP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Manson Youth split LP is great. I haven't listened to it for a great many years. I will up it soon.
    Nate

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw that a 2x LP discography recently came out on Xmist records. It includes this stuff plus a dvd.
    thanks for uping it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this band's early stuff! I have the repress of this 7" & I also have the split LP which I picked up second hand here in Glasgow a few years back. Man, I'd been after it since I first heard a tape of it back in the late 80's, so I couldn't believe it when I spotted it in the shop.
    Their next Lp was a real disappointment, though.
    Oh yeah, there's been a double LP re-release of all their stuff plus extras on X-Mist Records recently.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my very first and powerful live shows that i saw in my whole live!!!! Events like this and the Heresy/ Concrete Sox / Inferno in 86 tour in Bielefeld-germany impressed me until today...

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my very first and powerful live shows that i saw in my whole live!!!! Events like this and the Heresy/ Concrete Sox / Inferno in 86 tour in Bielefeld-germany impressed me until today...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Guys from HOA went to form Jingo de Lunch with Yvonne - a female singer from Canada. Their 1st LP was so great... but you probably know that already.

    ReplyDelete