Monday, April 20, 2009

UF0 boogie for George/follow you home 7" (1970)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1.boogie for George
2.follow you home

Okay, this is about as early of music that you'll ever see posted here. These guys were a band I dug in the early 80's, although it was the Schenker years that I was exposed to back then. The MSG UF0 stuff was a lot more metal then this heavy psych stuff. When I finally was exposed to this stuff I got really into it, and can't even be bothered with the later stuff anymore. If you haven't heard the stuff, don't sit on it, its crushing for sure. Unfortunately these guys only did 2 albums with the guitarist that played during this era. The music had a very heavy Sabbath vibe. Its easy to see how bassist Pete Way went on to influence the likes of so many NWOBHM bass players including Steve Harris. I have no idea how this Japanese pressing ended up in my collection, seemed I bought it years ago and never realized how great these guys were before filing the sucker away.

http://www.mediafire.com/?njtl2mylz1z

5 comments:

  1. you were not shitting. Total Sabbath vibe mixed with perhaps some 70's boogie. The bass playing is fantastic.

    Drew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this, Nate. Don't know if you have the live in Japan LP, but I can rip it for you if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all versions of UFO. Schenker era is no 1 but this comes in as second! Thanks for this great upload!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second Par! All UFO is great

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ryan
    I need that Live LP... the one record I don't have by them.

    Nate

    ReplyDelete