Sunday, March 23, 2008

USELESS PIECES OF SHIT-fuck shit up 7"(1987)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1.stupid punk medley
2.fuck shit up
3.junkie punks
4.too much caffeine
5.peace thru uselessness
6.everyones's friend
7.puppycore

U.P.S. were from Tucson Arizona....I met/discovered the music of these guys when I was living on Fell Street in S.F. My buddy/band mate Zoran was always meeting people in weird places, he was a total social butterfly. At any rate Zoran met these guys at a show, or on Haight street, I forget exactly, but he ended up bringing them by to my pad. A few of the people traveling in this two band tour stayed with me for a few nights, the rest stayed I think with Zoran in his slum pit. I forget who the other Arizona band was that was on tour with UPS(Last Option maybe?). The Band ended up staying in S.F. for a few days, or maybe a week. They were totally great hippy type punks who played a twisted, circus like sounding psychedelic thrashcore. It doesn't really sound like anything else out there, its fast as hell, but also weird as a mofo, and snotty as hell.
This is for sure an obscure punk 7" ep, that might not mean much to many punks, but it congers up great memories for me. Enjoy, and comment.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1beowxi0nrt

17 comments:

  1. Hooooly sheepshit. I grew up with these guys.... Lost this 7" many moons ago, thanks for putting it up!!! Back in Tucson's blurry fun days with the likes of Blood Spasm, Z.T.T.F, Opinion Zero, F.U.C.T, etc....
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy shit is right... I'd about forgotten this one entirely!

    Thanks for reminding me just where 'fuck shit up' came from!

    Timojhen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Shit, Timojhen... good to see you are still alive and kicking bro. hope you are well.

    Nightgaunt just made me realize who they were on tour with, it was Opinion Zero.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks man! Up the punks... fuck all these metalheads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Post-Revenge Of The Whores...Thrashead gave me a cdr of their demo (which is like 38 songs, he got it FROM them back in the day and it sounds like shit still), which is hiding somewhere on Damaging Noise. Just do a search for ROTW and UPS will show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. fast is good. snotty is even better.
    you weren't kidding - this shit is WEIRD!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coming This Fall '08
    The 25th Anniversary UPS Box Set!!!
    Tons of previously unreleased music and lots of Useless Extras.
    Need more info: Disillusion.Music@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. boxset? on vinyl? I'll need one...

    Nate

    ReplyDelete
  9. fuck yeah!!! this is a classic indeed, thank you sir!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those guys hung out with us in Philly back in the mid 80s. Have tried to track some of their shit down for a while. Thanks for making this available.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, I used to own this record. I bought it because they'd submitted a hell of a good writeup about themselves to MRR. I didn't think the record was any good, though. My friends gave me all kinds of shit for buying it...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Junkie punks,junkie punks-O.D......use to put this 7' on all the mixed tapes I'd make for people.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this band! I still have this 7" somewhere.
    Thanks for posting it. A friend of mine used to work w/ one of the band members at the now long gone Mountain View restaurant in Tucson.

    ReplyDelete
  14. http://www.uselesspiecesofshit.com
    Keep the party going everyone and buy more Useless stuff from Disillusion Music Label the exclusive outlet for all things "Useless Pieces of Shit"
    Http://www.disillusionmusiclabel.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. fuck you for taking down this link. way to be punk, bro! @disillusion music label

    ReplyDelete