Thursday, June 25, 2009

GIBBED eternal life 7" flexi (1990)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

01.terminate the bloody state
02.manufacture of nation
03.suicides scatter
04.brain muilation
05.repulse the life
06.inevitable dread

Gibbed were a Japanese Death/grindcore band, and to my knowledge only released this ep along with a split with the Japanese band Multiplex. I know very little about Gibbed, although there are rumors that it was CFDL, & SOB members. Sort of doubtful if you ask me. The songs are rough, raw, and fierce, with very little care about production. This is my second copy, bought it from a friend recently for a price I couldn't pass up. My other copy is home at Moms, so this was perfect to buy and throw up on the site.
In the early 1990's I was in a straightedge grindcore band who were influenced by everything from Bolt Thrower, Brutal Truth, Sinister, Fear Of God, S.O.B., Napalm Death, Citizens Arrest, and yup, you guessed it Gibbed. My buddy Devon and I pushed John to approach is vox in the way the gibbed vocalist did. We def also loved the cover art work(I think it shows in the Human Greed split). I originally got my copy of this from my buddy Roger(the ex vocalist in my band Intent).

http://www.mediafire.com/?ymjm4jyzd1t

14 comments:

  1. They sure did love their flexis (or would that be flex-"i" plural??) ov'are in Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously...

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Their demo is overhere:
    http://lockjaw-yappy.blogspot.com/search?q=gibbed
    Check this blog, it's from a Dutch guy who moved to Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for this. never heard them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great band and were on a comp called "Thrashing Deathpower" with the likes of Multiplex and Satanic Hell Slaughter.

    Got orig...but a great post for the uninitiated

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Banda!!!!!!!! Stay Brutal!!!!!!!!!! Hails!

    ReplyDelete
  7. brutal! thanks Nate
    Carl

    ReplyDelete
  8. John's vokes were the shit! Total cupped-mic Fear Of God unintelligible mayhem!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. unholy grave members isn't it?

    this is great

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think its unholy grave members.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gibbed reformed a few years ago; the current lineup has the original vocalist, the 324 drummer, the GBN bassist, and the guitarists from Realized and Grudge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I add info to previous comment.

    True! it's damn hard to know how
    they are now because no videos till now on youtube..


    but UNHOLY GRAVE's singer just wrote a report of seeing them live.

    so there's a witness of GIBBED!


    http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=1004242130&blogId=524179743




    pier /fassby

    ReplyDelete
  14. correct URL :


    &blogId=524179743

    ReplyDelete