Saturday, November 1, 2008

DEATH OF GODS-a world of one divided by all 7" (1987)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

01. Growing Pains
02. Love vs. Hate
03. Side by Side
04. More Than One
05. Forked Road
06. Lake Ontario Smells Like Shit
07. Don't Bug Me
08. Top 10
09. I Hate
10. They

Also known as D.O.G., these Canadians put out only one record that I know of, and this is it. Fast melodic thrash, with cool lyrics, and catchy riffs. The guitars are totally primitive sounding almost in that Abused/Antidote sort of way. Think of the Abused with the singer from the Asexuals screaming bout everything that bothers him.
My Friend Simon turned me on to them in around 1993 or something like that. My good buddy/band mate Jim DOF was getting married, and Simon stayed with me in my Watervliet apt that weekend. Dude kept trying to trade anything he could for my Infest 7". He played me this obscure 7" on a cassette he had, and I loved it...though I of course did not go for that trade. A few years later I found this killer punk slab for .99 cents at Reptilian records in Baltimore. Tracks 4 and 5 are as one, so when downloading this it will come up as only 9 tracks. Enjoy this jem.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0ltymy5jg0t

6 comments:

  1. Pretty cool hardcore. Never heard of them. Thank u for the hard work, and great story.

    Horns

    ReplyDelete
  2. the 1986 demo is even better than this. great crossover with like 14 songs.

    Guitarist Glen Salter let me hear it a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you posted this that words cannot do it justice. I've looked everywhere for this and you just totally made my day. Hanx!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH WOW MAN I BOUGHT THIS AT SHOW IN 87 BUT LOST IT SUM WHERE OVER THE YEARS ,,THANKS A BUNCH!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. After Scott was killed by a hit and run driver D.O.G. asked me to join as the other guitar player. Holy shit we had fun playing every dive from St. Catherines to Montreal. Actually the first show was in Montreal at a warehouse & I hardly new the tunes, I blew it! No one cared.... I think we opened for Sacrifice that was a fun scene back then. Everybody I talk to still remembers 'lake ontario smells like shit' That was back when the Goo Goo Dolls were hardcore and covering Purple Haze. What a find! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I posted a tape comp on my blog that has some DOG on it. http://melonvillehc.blogspot.ca/2012/08/va-cana-core-tape-1988.html

    ReplyDelete