Thursday, November 13, 2008

THE HANDSOME BEASTS-beastiality LP(1981)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1.Sweeties
2.David's Song
3.Breaker
4.One In A Crowd
5.Local Heroes
6.Another Day
7.Crazy
8.Tearing Me Apart
9.High Speed

The Beasts put out three 7" eps before releasing this bluesy NWOBHM LP. There are hints of some southern rock, lots of hardrock/metal, and some blues. The band was fronted by that dude on the front cover of this record, Garry Dalloway (who had the nick-name "the original fat bastard"). Garry passed away in 2005. The bummer about this LP is that most the songs were on the 7"s, so when I got the LP i was bummed to realize there were only four songs I hadn't heard yet. My copies cover is way fucked up, and been through thick and thin with me.
The band formed in the late 70's, and the dude that ran Heavy Metal Records(Witchfinder General, Holocaust, etc)started the label because he couldn't get the Beasts an LP deal with Major labels.
A buddy of mine from Spencer Van-Etten NY, where I spent my youth in the sticks of one of America's last "dry" towns, turned me onto to this Record. John played drums and we would jam to the likes of these guys, Nugent, Ozzy, Rush, Kiss, etc. We would party in the woods, "camping" in an old school bus converted into a cabin, and burning down a mountainside (by accident of course)while getting high, drinking, and listening to this shit on bad boombox's. This stuff makes me remember the good times in my youth hanging out with friends like John Grippo, Keith Grap, Jim Lampila, and Zeke the freak.
Enjoy, and comment. This might be a little mellow for some of the folks that follow the blog.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yyiyimdizmz

6 comments:

  1. great blog, nate, and great music.
    i was expecting some downright ugly stuff, but it turned out to be a great sweaty british balls gem!

    keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover art is hilarious. Great tunz from these dudes.
    Another brilliant post my friend! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha the fuckin cover art totally threw me off! These guys are nasty good. Great post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, the covers are amazing. the 7"s are worth tracking down as they are equally as funny looking.
    Nate

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm guessing the singer died of a heart attack?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting this. I've been wanting to check this out for a while.

    ReplyDelete