Tuesday, January 29, 2008

DARKNESS-death squad LP (1987)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1. Invasion Sector 12
2. Critical Threshold
3. Death Squad
4. Staatsfeind
5. Tarsman of Chor
6. Faded Pictures
7. Iron Force
8. Burial at Sea
9. Phantasmagoria

More neck snapping, frantic, under the radar, grade A German thrash metal. The best thing about this album to me has always been the complex guitar solos, and the tight, rapid drumming. Lots of German high speed riffing here, that doesn't get boring!
I bought this in around 1989 because I liked the cover art (sorta reminded me of the Slayer pic disc, plus members were baring MDC and DRI shirts on the back cover. The bands influence on me can be seen in a band I was in that named ourselves after the title of this album, DeathSquad. I love this one, always have.
Comment or die!

http://www.mediafire.com/?6c2miyyxwtn

17 comments:

  1. these guys had like a zillion demos.

    Thankyou so very much for putting this LP up. I've looked for it for 10 years.
    I just discovered your blogg and love it to death.

    by chance do you have the coven -blessed.. LP?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sadly singer olly literally drank himself to death. darkness were part of the altenessen thrash scene (which featured kreator among others). one of those great underrated eighties gems . excellent choice , as always - timo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for soooo many good posts. You are turning me on to a ton of shit I probably would have never heard otherwise. Thanks man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. priceless music man. Thanks for putting this one up

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for the old thrash

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great album. Your site has probably become my favorite. You're putting up some excellent stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks guys.

    This is a ripper for sure.
    Sad that the singer is gone....

    These guys released many, many demos from 1984-87, before this great LP.

    Nate

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shit fucking rips! Thanks so much for throwing this one up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shit man!! Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I was into the German Thrash bands in the 80's but never knew this band. Recently I read somewhere this album is recommendable and I am happy to be able to hear it know. Excellent stuff! Thanx for putting great stuff online!! Richard UPS

    ReplyDelete
  13. This ones a total shredder!! Needed a copy for a while, since my bud burned 'Faded Pictures' into my brain over many drunken spins of this necksnapper.. Cheers for the tunes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. taking this thanks so much! been looking for it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for this! Now I'll just have to find a copy of the vinyl...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for this! German thrash is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! Some old classics for an old fart like me to enjoy! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete