Friday, April 20, 2007









Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Welcome to my punk and metal audio blog, where you can download music, view art, and read about some metal/punk history as I recall it.

I mainly do this site to give others a chance to discover and enjoy older music that I've collected over the last 25 years. Also serves as a reminder to folks about their pasts.

Some History of who I am, and where I come from...
My Name is Nate...I started off as your typical dirthead kid in around 1981-82 (7th grade)listening to the likes of AC/DC, Kiss, Rush, Nugent, and Black Sabbath in Western NY state(Spencer Van Etten NY).
After most of my family finally moved to the Capital region (Albany NY), I'd Within no time whatsoever discovered bands playing the new wave of heavy metal (NWOBHM) style...Iron Maiden, Diamond Head, Samson, Judas Priest, Holocaust, Angel Witch, Def Leppard, Satan, Blitzkrieg, Saxon, Raven, etc.
This then led me to discover Motorhead, Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeth, Exodus, Destruction, Kreator, etc.
Around 1984-85 punk bands started playing with, and sharing the stages with thrash metal bands. This was a very important time period in heavy music, as crossover was born. punks hated it... metalheads like me, we loved it, because not only were we still listening to our heavy, fast metal bands, but we were also discovering great punk bands that would forever change our lives.
Some of the early punk/hardcore bands I saw during this period were The Bad Brains, Raw Power, Agnostic Front, SNFU, Discharge, D.R.I., Feederz, D.O.A., M.D.C., Gang Green, Black Flag, GBH, R.K.L., the Circle Jerks, Suicidal Tendencies, B.G.K., Dayglo Abortions, Fang, Verbal Abuse, 7 Seconds, Violent Coercion, Corrupted Morals, Hirax, Doggy Style, Scream, Fang, Special Forces, False Prophets, Operation Ivy, Rabid Lassie, Poison Idea, Youth Of Today, Christ On Parade, Fugazi, Stikky, Subhumans, Neurosis, Dwarves, Unit Pride, Soul Side, Bl'ast, Wasted Youth, etc.
It was about timing, I was lucky because I'd decided to move from Albany N.Y. to S.F. California because of the bay area music scene. It was exploding while I lived there. I watched the birth of Gilman street, the death of the Farm, and Mab, the On Broadway. Important clubs in SF for sure. I can remember buying demo tapes from Andy Airborne, and getting autographs from King Diamond at the Record Vault on Polk street. I'd skate to every show, buy every demo, and 7" that I could afford, then rush home to check out what new shit was gonna make my ears bleed, and make my mind think. I made so many good friends, and have such great memories of this time period in my life.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Free Blog Counter